WHAT ARE NEUROTOXIN INJECTIONS?
Neurotoxin injections are the gold standard, highly popular cosmetic treatment for treating lines and wrinkles caused by every-day facial expressions, stress and aging. Neurotoxins are great for the forehead wrinkles, wrinkles between the eyes, known as the 11’s, and crow’s feet.
Its active ingredient “freezes” facial muscles to keep you from contracting them in ways that deepen lines and wrinkles. Some clients fear they will swell or their face will become frozen and unable to create expressions. If the neurotoxin is administered properly by an expert injector, you will look natural and more refreshed.
So, should I or shouldn’t I?
Let’s take a closer look at two popular neurotoxins, Botox and Newtox. Both are very comparable. Botox can be used to help treat migraines and excessive sweating from the underarms. Clients are saying Newtox may “kick” in a little quicker and last a little longer.
How much will I need? This chart will give you an idea of how much is typically injected in certain area.
- Typically, results can be seen in 7 to 10 days with product lasting 3 to 4 months. Clients who exercise a lot or who are very expressive may find their neurotoxin lasts closer to three months.
- The national average cost is $12 to $15 per unit.
- Your appointment will typically take 10-15 minutes. If you are new to neurotoxins, your first appointment will take a little longer to allow for questions and pictures.
- There is no down time, but exercise or lying down directly after your appointment should be avoided. You can resume full activity at least 6 hours after your treatment.
- The treatment is typically painless. You may feel a tiny sting as the tiny injections are administered. A cool pack can be provided if needed.
Still not sure! Call us today at 843-277-2240 for a consultation to assess your skin and find the right neurotoxin for you. Let us make your holidays smooth and wrinkle free!!!!